Help, Can’t create a new point from echo screen

Indyspecracer

While out scouting new areas, I will usually look around then choose the best pile of fish by scrolling back on the echo screen. When I get back to the pile that I want to fish, I touch the screen on the pile and choose new point from the pop up menu. I’m then asked to choose a species (I usually go with “other”). A fish then appears on the chart and I run the boat to it, drop the trolling motor and fish. So here is my issue. This new point can not be navigated to and does not show up in my list of points. I’ve been through tons of settings and can’t find anything that pertains to this.
I’m not positive, but I may have “record route” turned on, not sure if that could be related.

It shouldn't matter what your tracking is doing. Track recording can be ON or OFF and you should still be able to select "FISH IT" from the plotter. You must touch the icon you set on the plotter screen and then a menu pops up that should offer you the Fish-it selection. Alternately, you can touch the sounder and select "Fish-it" and it will drop the icon and immediately have the active navigation line to the target so you can go back and get it.

It shouldn't matter what your tracking is doing. Track recording can be ON or OFF and you should still be able to select "FISH IT" from the plotter. You must touch the icon you set on the plotter screen and then a menu pops up that should offer you the Fish-it selection. Alternately, you can touch the sounder and select "Fish-it" and it will drop the icon and immediately have the active navigation line to the target so you can go back and get it.
Johnny,

I think that he is dropping “catch” on the map and is looking for it in the waypoints to navigate to. Personally I would like the ability to navigate to the fish it point with the autopilot.

Ok, I figured this out today. I simply chose one of the point graphics instead of the fish icons.
The User interface is confusing. Why would “New Point” open a pop-up menu that does something other than add new points? One would think that any of the icons on that pop-up menu would create a new point.

Back