Heaving Correction optimal configuration?

DaVapors

Furuno Fan
Now that “Fishhunter drive” is working again, I’m on to my next issue…”heaving correction” (HC) isn’t working.

I have the following setup: twin tzt3 12s, 165T-50/200–TM260, B175M, & SCX-20

I’ve tried calling a few times, but it seems like I need 3 different HC configurations for each of the following 1. DFF3D 2. B164 3. B175M

Anyone want to suggest which of the 3 above I should try to tackle for HC first (easiest) and point me in the direction of the SOP?

Thx a bunch!

Since you have an SCX-20, it should be the primary source for all the data rather than using the motion sensor data from the 165T-50/200, which also has a motion sensor. There is a good support document on the Furuno website that explains how to measure and set up the sensor position offsets. https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites...ch_info/dff3d_offset_measurement_examples.pdf

Otherwise you just have to go to the fish finder settings menu and enable heaving correction. You will also have to go to the Multibeam sonar menu and select the SCX as the source of motion sensor data. The DFF-3D operators manual has a detailed discussion of how to set it uo that includes these aspects.

Since you have an SCX-20, it should be the primary source for all the data rather than using the motion sensor data from the 165T-50/200, which also has a motion sensor. There is a good support document on the Furuno website that explains how to measure and set up the sensor position offsets. https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites...ch_info/dff3d_offset_measurement_examples.pdf

Otherwise you just have to go to the fish finder settings menu and enable heaving correction. You will also have to go to the Multibeam sonar menu and select the SCX as the source of motion sensor data. The DFF-3D operators manual has a detailed discussion of how to set it uo that includes these aspects.

Thank you! That’s the way I had it originally configured. I’ll give it another shot and report back. 🤞

That worked! Not sure if I did it perfect, but having the SOP to reference while doing the setup made it way easier than trying to do it over the phone b/c some of the menu ordering did not match the SOP. Not a big deal, but that may have been the error in the original configuration if I had to guess.

This next idea is probably more suited for the enhancement thread, but boy it would be cool if there was a wizard that made this data input easier. Like a picture of a standard CC (identical to the one in the sop) with a drag & drop option to place the TD & GPS on their given location on your boat. Based on the LxWxH inputs the wizard should be able to get approximate estimates of the 8 values I had to manually program in. I’m sure I’m oversimplifying this approach, but that was my initial UX reaction while going through the process this morning.

I can’t wait to see how this does Friday for ATLANTIC RED SNAPPER DAY 2024!

Attachments

• IMG_8901.jpeg
    IMG_8901.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I tried to input the values for the DFF3D (2nd screenshot) to the B175M (1st screen shot), but it wouldn’t let me input negative number for the up/down.

Is there a different SOP for the B175M heaving correction setup?

Attachments

• IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8917.jpeg
    IMG_8917.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back