GPS Time

A

Anonymous

Today, when I turned on my NN3D system, the local time on the MFD showed 11:30AM when the actual time was 12:30PM. Didn't change anything. Never happened before. Any ideas why this occurred?
Thanks,
Joe

I'm guessing that it still thinks we change the clocks back the last saturday in october. I think it changed a few years back to november. Maybe someone will confirm....

Thanks, I was thinking it might be due to DST as well, but I don't recall it happening last year.
Joe

Joe,
Yes, it is a pre-DST change over issue. It is just as Simonsez suspected. It did happen last year. As a work around you can change the time zone off by one or just wait until next week, when we come off daylight savings time. This issue is still on the "fix" list of planned changes, but the software folks consider it a minor issue; which I guess it is. If we (USA) could make up our mind on when we want to switch over, it might make things easier. :wink7
Johnny

Thanks for the info, Johnny and Simon. After looking,I found this:
"Daylight Saving Time is four weeks longer since 2007 due to the passage of the Energy Policy Act in 2005. The Act extended Daylight Saving Time by four weeks from the second Sunday of March to the first Sunday of November, with the hope that it would save 10,000 barrels of oil each day through reduced use of power by businesses during daylight hours."
I guess that's as permanent as it gets and a fix is easy except for Arizona (except some Indian Reservations), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa which have chosen not to observe Daylight Saving Time. Oh well, life is never easy.
Joe

Back