Lost bottom on DFF3D :(

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
Not sure, but I lost bottom on my DFF3D the last time I went out. Actually, when i turned on the system in the water, the DFF3D never showed bottom.

I ended up fishing that day with just my traditional sonars.

I put in a request with a local marine electronics supplier / dealer to schedule testing my transducer with the airmar TDT1000 transducer tester.

What I am thinking happened is somehow my DFF3D was left on while the boat was on the trailer and I burned out my transducer. I make every effort to confirm all of my sonars and radar are set to standby mode when the boat is on the trailer and I am working on the boat, listening to xm radio, or messing with the chartplotter settings.

If the transducer tests out alright, I wonder what else it could be?

When you say it never showed bottom, did you try adjusting the range manually to the depth you were in? Also did you try to turn the gain up to see if you could pick up any kind of bottom?

If you have any pictures of what you are seeing on the screen, that would help out a lot.

Thank you!

considering I have been out dozens of times from this same boat ramp, and recently used the sounder just three days prior with no issues in similar depths, I find it difficult to understand why I would suddenly have to change my settings in order to get returns.

I don't have any photos.

I may float the boat next week to troubleshoot.

The TDT1000 tester does not work with the DFF3D transducer.

Someone will have to verify that the Dff3d blackbox is communicating with the MFD, that the wires and shielding are done propertly between the transducer and blackbox, etc...

I ordered a new 165T - TM54 just in case i blew my current one up ( probably )

I will try to get the current one tested / get on the testing schedule by a local dealer when i get home on december 8th... hopefully I can get something lined up for the week after, and if all tests well, I suppose i could return this transducer if it's still in the box and unused.

Back