GP7000F will not initialize

Aussie_Watto

Hi Team.
I have a GP7000F informed by an Airmar 600W transducer. Owned the vessel for a year now. Recently when turning on the unit it stalls in "initializing sounder". You know the start up screen where it says Ram - OK etc. Pressing any button advances the unit to plotter and sounder displays. Sounder runs nice and clear, however the sounder has not been initialised and seems to be locked to factory settings. Duel screen duel band and to your way of measuring depth by the number of my feet and something called inches that I cant rationalise with my brain which has been 'metracised' :D

So, to help ensure I don't let my draft exceed the available depth in water, does any one have a solution.

Firmware is upto date, have surfed the web, explored these pages and read through the manuals with no hint of a solution?

It sounds like the internal sounder module is having problems at start up. Have you tried backing up your points and factory clearing the unit?

To perform a master reset.
This reset will clear all the user installed information and set the unit to a factory default state. No waypoints or routes will be saved.

Push in on the clear key on the front panel while powering up the unit.
Keep the clear key pushed in until “System test” is displayed.
Under the system test is the “Ram Menu”. Highlight Ram Menu and press enter knob.
Use rotary/enter knob to highlight “Ram Clear” and press the enter knob.
You will then be asked if you want to clear the ram memory. Press the enter knob.
Press clear to exit.
Turn the power off.
Turn the unit back on. It should come up in a normal default screen.
If connected to a GPS antenna, it will take a few minutes to acquire the satellites

Back