GP1971F Navionics

Sweet Caroline

I installed the version 4 update and am using the Navionics Platinum+ card but I lose all my shading when I zoom out about 1/4 of the way. I am getting an all white screen with the black outlines. Is this normal for the 1971f or am I missing something.

Thank you

Attachments

• Download b.jpg
    Download b.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 769
  • Download 2a.jpg
    Download 2a.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 772
Can you post some screen shots from the unit here so we can see? In addition, which Navionics card type are you using ("+plus" or platinum) and is the area you are zooming out too included in the chart zone for your card? Perhaps there's additional content you need to download in order to access the other areas.

Much Appreciated, :sail

- Maggy

From what I see here, this appears to be the way Navionics chooses to display their chart content on these plotters, and not a function of the Furuno - so there's little Furuno can do about it. From other forums online and other customers, apparently this is how it is on other plotters using the new Platinum+ products as well.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

FWIW,

I was researching for another post here and I was sampling between CMAP 4D & Navionics+ and I also noticed this was the behavior of the Navionics once you range past 5 nm regardless of whether or not SONAR charts were on or off.

Well, this just isn't how it is with the CMAP 4D cards so I can confirm the GP1971F plotter isn't doing it, but all with the chart cards or something in Navionics SDK or something because it is not this way with CMAP 4D.

Hope this clears things up, :sail

- Maggy

I believe its with all units. It would do that with my raymarine. I updated my 1971 and put the chart in there and it does the same thing.

Well like we suspected, it's a product of what's on the chart card and not how a plotter renders it.

Good to know, :sail

- Maggy

I use the same card in my raymarine and my furuno gp1971. When you start to zoom out you will lose the relief shading. It happens on both units so it must be in the card.

Back