GP1871F: Wifi connectivity to iPad

drewc228

As a recent purchaser of a GP 1871F I was disappointed to see that there is apparently only WiFi connectivity to the DRS4W Radar and not to mobile devices such as iPad or Android. Is there a plan to eventually broaden the WiFi support to such devices, so that we'd get something like what's offered by Simrad GO5 XSE, Raymarine eS, Garmin, etc. That is, a remote app that enables full (or even partial) control like the N-Remote (N-Viewer is OK but not really what I'm looking for.) Thanks!

Product development said that there are plans to add more wifi features to the unit. Until a software update releases, we can not discuss these plans.

Hello Johnny, I am a new user here and a new DRS4W owner. Do you know of any ability for the DRS4W to connect to an access point (on my on-board network for example) rather than to be an access point itself?

No as previously mentioned in your earlier thread, the modem in the DRS4W with current software is designed for transmit only. However, we will suggest it to the product development team for future consideration.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Back