GP-1971f discontinued

Sydneyfishing25

Hi All,
I’ve been told by about 3 different dealers that the GP1971F (and I assume the 1871F as well) has been discontinued due to supply chain issues with the screen material, so a new model will be released halfway through next year. Does anyone else have any more info on this? Was looking forward to buying at 1971F for the next boat but they’re out of stock at all dealers here.

I just did the October V5 update on mine yesterday so it seems they’re still developing for it. I haven’t heard if it’s been discontinued but it would be a shame if it had been. I can only think the October release means they’re still supporting it so hopefully that means they’re not discontinuing it.

The GP1871F and GP1971F have had some component shortage issues coupled with a larger than normal demand. The units are not being discontinued but supplies will very limited until early to mid 2023 for this model as they cope with the demands and component suppliers.

This spring I'll install my GP-1971F E unit and radar, is an Airmar B44V Triducer compatible with my unit?

Yes the B744v (which is what I think you meant) is compatible and works well. It only needs to have the proper 10 pin connection.

With the supply shortages and overall supply chain issues always be mindful of misinformation, were they really Furuno dealers or were they marine electronics installers / technical resellers?
Hi All,
I’ve been told by about 3 different dealers that the GP1971F (and I assume the 1871F as well) has been discontinued due to supply chain issues with the screen material, so a new model will be released halfway through next year. Does anyone else have any more info on this? Was looking forward to buying at 1971F for the next boat but they’re out of stock at all dealers here.

- Maggy

Back