Fusion IP 700

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Is any work being done to integrate the Fusion IP 700 into the TZ touch controls?
Thanks.

No timeline at the moment, but I assume it will be in 2013.

Would this mean that all functions of the stereo could be controlled from the TZ Touch itself ? And what about from the optional iPad or iPhone TZ Touch interfaces ? How would the Fusion system connect to the TS Touch ? Wired or thru an optional WiFi router connected to the Fusion system ?
Please be specific as I considering the Fusion system as well as other systems, including wired remotes.

I'm sorry Utah1, we just don't have those details yet as it is not in the next software revision. :sorry

Any news on when we may expect to see the TZT able to control the Fusion 700 series stereos ? This would seem to be an easy feature to add thru NMEA2000 interface. BTW, Raymarine with their new touch screen systems has this control already. Thanks, Utah

We showed the interface at the Miami Boat Show last month. (Beta software) This should be available in the next software revision, but we do not have a release date yet.

Hi Melville,
Thanks for the update on having a beta software version running at the show. Will this software release be just for the Fusion control ? Or are we waiting for other software features to be implemented as well ? Regardless, I guess I will have wait either way. However, I will move forward in installing my new Fusion system and would appreciate any advise you can offer on what the actual interface will be ? In other words, how should I plan to connect the 2 systems together ? How did you have it hooked up at the show ?
BTW, I currently have TZT9 and TZT14 displays with a HUB101.
thanks, Utah

Utah1-

It will be via an Ethernet connection. Version 3 software of TZT will allow it to assign an IP address to the Fusion box. Of course there will be other features as well as Fusion, that is just one of them. Unfortunately I do not have a list of the other features yet. We expect version 3 to be released sometime late spring/early summer.

Hope this helps.

We all have seen the hype from all the Fusion Marine partner manufacturers of chartplotters and from Fusion too, about the ability to see and control the radio from a chartplotter. Garmin has not released their Fusion compatible software either but it is expected to be "included on a future software release." Sound familiar? Perhaps Fusion is having issues across the board, so I am relectant to suggest that Furuno is behind the ball on this one.
Hopefully NavNet TZTouch ver.3.0 will beat the competitors to the wire on this great feature along with the CHIRP sounder.

Fusion has some nice screen shots of the TZtouch 14 running Fusion (Ethernet) and it sounds really good. V3 will have a lot of changes for the TZTouch. I can't wait.

Back