Furuno TZT2-12 to Garmin VHF200

haneyrm

Not sure why, but I cannot get my TZT2-12 to communicate with my Garmin VHF200.

Both are connected to the NMEA 2K network but I cannot get the GPS data to sync up on the VHF.

I've set the NMEA 2k PGN to output GPS data but the radio still says no GPS data and I'm getting an error on the radio that says no GPS data is available.

Any ideas?

Not completely sure I understand the question. I'm using the GPS built into the TZ Touch 2. I've set the NEMA 2k outputs to broadcast anything and everything that sounds like position data but I can't get the VHF to pickup the data. Thanks for the help.

Looking at teh VHF200 manual, I see that it has a setting to select between NMEA 1083 and 2000. Do you have that set to NMEA 2000?

And it looks like the VHF200 wants to see PGNs 129026 and 129029, so those should be turned on on the TZ.

With the GPS PGNs on from your TZT2, and if you have the Garmin connected via NMEA 2000 and it is still not working; it sounds like a bad NMEA 2000 bus. You might talk to Garmin about their settings because with many of their units NMEA will not be setup by default. I noticed the radio also supports NMEA 0183. If you can't get your NMEA 2000 bus corrected, you might try using the TZT2 NMEA 0183 to the Garmin 0183 in.

Thanks guys. I'll double check all of the settings tomorrow and make sure I have everything set up correctly.

Not sure why, but for whatever reason it was working yesterday. Could not get it to work on Sunday but yesterday was no problem. Thanks for the help.

Back