Furuno RDP139 - Week Number Rollover

sanitja

Good afternoon from Barcelona, is the RDP-139 model affected by Week Number Rollover? or does it depend on the gps antenna?
I have a Furuno GP-1650F and I want to change it for a 10" one without having to change the GPS antenna (GPA-017
) and Furuno Furuno ST-02PSB and Airmar P316, is there any model even if it is old?
Regards

The RDP139 is a display not a GPS. Any rollover would involve the GPS unit not the display. The GP1650F has rolled over and can not be corrected. Replacing the coaxial antenna will change nothing. The GPS module in the display unit has rolled over. You kind of lost me when you start talking about the temp sensor and Airmar ultrasonic sensor. Normally I would recommend thee GP1650F be changed for something newer like the GP1971F. If an external antenna is needed, then a NMEA 2000 model would be needed for the GP1971F (not coax). I would recommend getting with your local Furuno dealer to look over the current install to make suggestions that will fit your needs.

Thank you very much for your help Johnny.
What I want is to change the screen (i need more inches) without having to change the gps antenna, transducer, slider, etc if is possible . This is my current setup.

RegardsFuruno.jpg

Looking at the manuals the GP1971F (191.5mm x 125.5mm) is smaller than the GP1650F (230mm x 150mm).
You can not use the older chart card or older coaxial antenna but you can reused the transducer and temp sensor. While the unit is physically smaller, the LCD is larger.

Back