<> Furuno electronics question - any input appreciated

A

Anonymous

<> Furuno electronics question - any input appreciated
any marine electronics guru's please feel free to chime in.

I have a Furuno Navnet vx1 1934 model connected to an 4k open array.
On the last trip out the monitor powers up fine and will stay on fine all day but every time I activate the open array - the whole unit (monitor & array) shuts off immediately.

I've checked connections - found nothing obvious -

Do i need to replace the Signal cable ?

thx

I had the same problem with two radar units on my boat. Display would power up fine on it's own but would not go any further. Turned out to be a bad breaker in the main panel. The breaker would stay on but not enough power going thru. I tested on a different breaker and everything worked fine. Someone initially told me to check the negative line as you might have 12 volts but once you power up not enough amps can get thru the circuit. Good luck.

Bigbeebus is right that you must have the unit properly powered. If the unit is starved for power it will shut down. It will also shut down if a short is detected. When this happens going into transmit, it is usually something shorting in the scanner cable or inside the radar scanner. Have you opened the scanner and checked for signs of water?

I think you first need to check voltage when everything is on. Low voltage has been the problem with most all of my electric motor and electronic problems. A bad battery selector switch was the cause when my bow thruster stopped working and a corroded electrical wiring harness connector feeding the hard top was the cause of lighting and electronics failures.