FLIR camera control problems

A

Anonymous

I am trying to interface my FLIR M-324XP thermal camera to my TZT system. My three TZTs, the FLIR camera and it's JCU controller are all connected to a HUB101. The FLIR JCU controls the camera perfectly through the network. The problem is that sometimes the TZT recognizes the camera and lets me control it from the touch screen and sometimes the TZT does not recognize the camera. The video output from the camera is fine and it is connected to one of the TZTs. All of my TZTs are running sofwtare version 2.01. What would cause the TZTs to loose recognition and control of the camera? Thanks.

When you say that you are losing recognition of the camera; are you losing the green check mark under the FLIR settings of the TZT, Losing video, or both?

I am not loosing the video. I am loosing the ability to control the camera from the TZT screen. The FLIR JCU can always control the camera, however, sometimes I can control the camera (pan, tilt, etc.) from the TZT screen and sometimes I cannot.

I did use those settings. The problem is that sometimes the TZT will not recognize these settings. I know it is not a wiring/network problem because the camera and the JCU camera controler are both separetly pluged into the network and the JCU has never failed to control the camera. It seems to be hit or miss as to the TZT controling the camera.

Very odd...
V3 software should be out within the next few weeks. See if you still have issues with the FLIR after updating. If it still does, you might want to open a support case so we can get full details and see if Japan can provide suggestions.

Thanks Johnny,

I'll let you know what happens after I install V3.

Johnny,
I may have figured out the problem, but it does not make much sense to me. It the FLIR camera is already powered up when I turn on the TZT system the TZT will not be able to control the camera. If I power up the FLIR camera after the TZT is already on, the TZT will be able to control the camera. What do you think?

Nice finding. Have you tried moving the camera with the JCU (to ensure it is fully awake) prior to powering up the TZT? It sounds like a timing/sleep mode issue of some sort.

I have tried that and it does not help. The only way the TZT can control the camera is if the camera system is turned on after the TZT system is up and running. Perhaps the new software release will address this.
Thanks.

Howard,

I also had the same issue with my TZT/FLIR conenction. The way around it I found was to bring up the rotokey menu and select camera 2 and then go back and re-selct camera 1. This would allow the TZT to then connect to the FLIR if the Flir was powered on first without shutting down the FLIR. The good news now is the new V3.1 TZT software seems to have fixed this issue and now I am fully good to go.

Back