Filter Points / Tracks

Inconceivable

Hi, I mentioned this on the TZT3 seminar yesterday, but it would be cool to be able to filter points out by the same things you can sort them by. For instance, I might assign green to points that mark where I catch fish on an incoming tide. Next time I'm fishing an incoming, I could show just those incoming points so I am not overloaded with all the other marks. Or you might assign species by color. Stripers are blue, Albies are green, Tautog are black. If I'm Tog fishing, just show me the black marks.

Another viewer requested similar but related to Tracks, where you only show certain ones instead of all or nothing.

Very much enjoying these weekly seminars you guys are putting together.

Thanks!

First off, thanks for watching our live events. A lot of work goes into those. I am glad to hear people are watching.

So do I understand you want to go beyond searching for "Red" icons (which you can do) and have the unit only display icons on screen based on these search options? Like only show the red icons on screen.

Product development is working on enhancing how tracks are done. That is currently in work.

Thanks Johnny. Yes, I'm suggesting not just search for but also only display certain icons. Seeing them on the chart is sometimes a lot better than a list. Additionally, the chart can get fairly cluttered if all points are showing.

I watched the livestream too..

Based on this question and for the other person's track questions, you might want to investigate Time Zero Professional software on a PC to go along with your Furuno hardware. The filtering abilities for marks and tracks are near limitless and you can make easy buttons to enable/disable filters. You can sync it with the Furuno MFDs, but manage things and plan on the TZ Pro software. The planning workspace will also let you go back in time to previous fishing journeys and play back fishing/tide interactions as well. I think with TZ Pro you could probably never need to delete a mark, just filter it in useful ways.

jp498":p2vymygv said:
I watched the livestream too..

Based on this question and for the other person's track questions, you might want to investigate Time Zero Professional software on a PC to go along with your Furuno hardware. The filtering abilities for marks and tracks are near limitless and you can make easy buttons to enable/disable filters. You can sync it with the Furuno MFDs, but manage things and plan on the TZ Pro software. The planning workspace will also let you go back in time to previous fishing journeys and play back fishing/tide interactions as well. I think with TZ Pro you could probably never need to delete a mark, just filter it in useful ways.

While the TimeZero software is probably fantastic, I have a hard time choking up the extra ducketts for their software. Already spent a pile of money on the hardware from Furuno. I am sure that these newer TZT3 displays have enough processor power to do what the OP is requesting without us having to spend extra money on 3rd party software.

I too would love to filter by color. I put different bottom types under different colors, it would be a huge help.

Back