Waypoint Groups or filters

Boneyard

I have thousands of waypoints. Each color and symbol specify something about the waypoint. Like 21 Fathom ledge marks might be blue, 27 Fathom ledge marks might be yellow. Places I have caught x number of fish have a fish symbol. If I have caught lots of fish there it gets another symbol. If its a wreck it gets special symbol. If I have caught red snapper there it gets a special symbol or color. In any case everybody uses colors and symbol for waypoints differently but the one thing that would be nice that we have in common is the desire to only see what we are presently interested in. Just like layers let us hide waypoints, tracks, AIS targets etc, it would be nice to filter the waypoints list by having the option to add or remove certain colors or symbols. If I only want to see the 75 wrecks out of my port, I can set filter to wreck icon. If want to only see where I have caught 10 or more fish I can limit to that. If I want to only see yellowedge deep spots I can limit the waypoints etc. This would be extremally useful when there are lots of user waypoints in a system. Furunos swipe up functionality is awesome to customize screens having this added is the cats meow.

Depending on how bad you need the feature, Time Zero Pro can sync with MFD and has extensive layer and filter functions. Perhaps read it's manual to see if it's a good add-on. I think the waypoints of which you speak might be event marks.

I think having filter functions for waypoints like timezero on the tzt3 is a great idea especially for smaller boats that have no room for a computer!

The Suggestion doesn't say what system this is for so I am a bit confused. I do note that the TZT2/TZT3 have filters for color and filters by Icon (symbol). If the suggestion is for an older series system no longer sold, it is unlikely to see any attention.
1679321599895.png

No, but if that is the suggestion; I will pass that on to product development. I think that might have been a suggestion that has been given prior. Thanks for the clarification.

Back