FF wont mark bottom

tyee chaser

I have a VX2 and airmar tranducer ( not sure which one ) .. splashed the boat this weekend & found out i cant seem to makr the bottom, also no depth or temp info, the only info i'm getting is SOG.. any thoughts ? .. :questions

cheers

mike

NetWork Sounder
Mod: ETR-6\10N
Type: ETR-6\10N
freq: 50kHz/200kHz
s/n 8854-5 6 1 7

I believe the transducer is Furuno 525STID-PWD ... which i believe is an airmar P66 ducer

what do you think

- mike

Based on your information, you have what we call the BBFF1 network sounder. If there is no bottom, speed or temp being displayed on the sounder page, please check to see if the BBFF1 has power and the "ST-BY" light (next to the network connection) is blinking after 3 minutes. If it is, the module is on and is communicating with the hub/switch or with the NN2. Check to ensure the menu settings didn't get changed, under Menu-System Configuration-NAV Option-NAV Source Settings, ensure Depth, Speed & Temp sources are set to ETR. If you don't have power or blinking ST-BY light, then troubleshoot power to the BBFF1.

If everything is good (from the above checks), verify communication to NN2 by running the network sounder test by pressing Menu-System Configuration-System Setup-Test & Clear-Memory I/O Test-Network Sounder Test; if a black screen with a program number is displayed, then there is good communication. If it quickly flashes a black screen and goes back to the Memory I/O Test page, then it's not communicating. Most likely cause would be an Ethernet cable or HUB/switch problem. If all tests show communication and operation, then the transducer has gone bad and needs replacement.

TheReaper":3iyqt5ic said:
Based on your information, you have what we call the BBFF1 network sounder. If there is no bottom, speed or temp being displayed on the sounder page, please check to see if the BBFF1 has power and the "ST-BY" light (next to the network connection) is blinking after 3 minutes. If it is, the module is on and is communicating with the hub/switch or with the NN2. Check to ensure the menu settings didn't get changed, under Menu-System Configuration-NAV Option-NAV Source Settings, ensure Depth, Speed & Temp sources are set to ETR. If you don't have power or blinking ST-BY light, then troubleshoot power to the BBFF1.

If everything is good (from the above checks), verify communication to NN2 by running the network sounder test by pressing Menu-System Configuration-System Setup-Test & Clear-Memory I/O Test-Network Sounder Test; if a black screen with a program number is displayed, then there is good communication. If it quickly flashes a black screen and goes back to the Memory I/O Test page, then it's not communicating. Most likely cause would be an Ethernet cable or HUB/switch problem. If all tests show communication and operation, then the transducer has gone bad and needs replacement.

Thanks for the insight ...

YES the light is blinking on the BBFF1 ... also depth, speed & temp are set for ETR ..... FYI, the display does show speed, just not temp or depth... so at this point i convinced that the transducer is defective

cheers

Back