FCV585

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I have had my FCV585 going on two months. I use it with an Airmar 264 thru hull transducer at 200kHz. Initially the unit marked fish and worked great. Loved it. It is now to the point where it hardly ever marks a fish. Also the other fishfinder running at 50kHz marks strong fish arches and the same arches on the Furuno are a faint light blue or non existant. The unit is run in Range 120 feet, Auto and Manual sensitivity have been tried. The transducer surface is clean. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes. While on the water yesterday, I did click on "reset". I then went in and set the transducer to 1kw.

tjfish,
What is the model of your other sounder? If it is a Furuno, does it have the same 10-pin connector like the 264? If so, can you swap the sounders to see how the other sounder works on 200Khz?

Snips

tjfish,
OK. Is the boat in the water? If so, can you take a screen shot of it in the dual frequency mode and post it. I realize you are only using 200Khz but this may tell us something.

Snips

Snips,

The boat is not currently in the water. The next time I fish, I can take a screen shot but please advise how to do that.
Thanks

tjfish,
The 585 doesn't have a screen capture function so the best way is with a digital camera.

Snips

I forgot to take a camera. When I turn the know to dual frequency, the 50 is blank and the 200 khz is still weak and it did not mark any fish today.

tjfish,
OK. Just curious, do you have ACCU-FISH turned on? If so, I would try turning it off. Just so you know, ACCU-FISH uses both 50 & 200Khz in its calcuations. If that doesn't help send the 585 in so we can determine if its a sounder or transducer issue.

Snips

Thank you to Furuno for the quick response and turnaround time. This is what I call Customer Service at its very best. Post sales support was incredible too. :furuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back