Accufish

mindi

Hi Snips
After spending too long chasing a tricky electrical problem I finally got onto the water to try my new FCV628 and it is awesome. I do have a query though about Accufish and fish indications.
I have attached photos... but my settings were Depth about 12-15M, all filters OFF except TVG on LOW. Gain about 7... I turned Gain up as in the tuning guide until faint dusting of blue specks... Started marking small fish right away and that was expected, but I discovered that when I turn the fish symbols OFF I dont get a mark on the display where the fish is seen...still get the number indicating size... but no object mark. I was not expecting arches, but with no filters and strong gain I was expecting some marking..Any comment..?

PS...My boat is a small (13ft) tinny and I sit up the back to steer and I am a big person. I took a spirit level out today to see what angle the hull is on when doing my 10 kph fish search. I was surprised how bow up it is, and my P66 was installed with the wedge on the assumption of the boat being level.. but it isnt. Have now taken the wedge out and in searching trim the transducer is slightly rear down.... that should be better but maybe nothing to do with the question above.

IMG_20181208_091934.jpg
IMG_20181208_084732.jpg[attachment=2]IMG_20181208_091934.jpg[/attachment

Thanks...John

Attachments

• IMG_20181208_091932.jpg
    IMG_20181208_091932.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,413
Mindi,
Maybe I am missing what you are asking. Is your question "Why do I see symbols but no fish marks"?

Snips

Mindi,
It is very hard to tell much from the limited view of your screen shots. It seems that you provided two different views of the same screen shot, true? The middle screen shot seems to be only showing the high frequency, true? If so, this is showing gaps in the bottom which tells me you have quite a bit of turbulence flowing over the transducer. In the two views that are the same, the bottom on the LF side tells me that the vessel was moving quite a bit. Just know that the more the vessel pitch/rolls the more the beam of the transducer moves. The more that the beams moves the less accurate the AF becomes.

What would be helpful to see would be a larger (full size) screen shots that are showing both frequencies. I would use the Middle TVG setting, better yet I would do a master reset (restore defaults) settings. Turn the AF mode off and use enough gain to show fish targets. Once you have fish targets take a screen shot and then turn the AF mode on and take another screen shot and post both of them for me.

Snips

Got that. The aluminium hull is ribbed underneath and the water flow is as good as I can make it, but some hull turbulence and some pitch and roll is just a fact of life for me.
Those shots were just meant to show that I can get fish length indications without fish marks...so I wondered if AF doesnt show regular fish marks but only it's assigned symbols.
Will do the test and pics you suggest as soon as I can get out again.
Thanks

hi I was wondering what type of transducer you are using, I have just purchased a fcv 588 and the guys in the shop said that I would not need a different transducer for rezboost and fish id, wrong does not light up in the menu any help would be helpful cheers

Back