FCV-628 connected to 200B-8B good or not?

kurtc67

Good day dear all,

I have a FCV-628 onboard a small workboat and depth reading is not stable.. so we took it out of water and pull the transducer out of the tank and saw that fitted transducer is a 200B-8B and is connected directly to the FCV-628 display... is this transducer the correct one for this kind of sounder? if yes, can you advise me how to set/select it in the settings?

kurtc67,

So, basically I'm guessing that you are relying on your sounder on your workboat for use in navigation..? And what you currently have is in the FCV628 that is a 600 watt, dual frequency Fish Finder that is trying to drive a commercial rated CA200B-8B transducer. The CA200B-8B is a 2 kilowatt transducer with a frequency of 200kHz. Are you using a MB1100 Matching Box connected to the CA200B-8B..?

Keep in mind, that the FCV628 that is only rated for 600 watts of output power. So it doesn't have the horsepower to drive that 2 kilowatt rated CA200B-8B properly. So, you'll need to one of two things:

a. Change out the FCV628 to a properly rated sounder for use with the CA200B-8B, like the FCV295, FCV1150, or the FE800 IMO sounder.
- or -
b. Change out the CA200B-8B transducer to a proper 600 watt rated transducer that the FCV628 can use.

I hope that you'll find that this information is helpful for you..? :unsure:

- Deep Blue

Hello.. yes, this sounder is use for navigation and no as fish finder.. hopefully this FCV628 still work when I connect a 600W.
Thanks the information.

Back