Furuno FCV1150 Not working after reinstalled transducer

willie125

Hi everyone,
im after a bit of advice I have FCV1150 with 2 transducers a 200b-8b 2kw and a 38bl 2kw
i recently pulled them out of my boat as I am getting a new boat built and the boat builder need them for a couple of days to make the new housings up for them I have now got them back and currently don’t need the 38kHz transducer so just installed the 200kHz back in my old boat I wired it up back into the HF port as it was but now it’s not working it’s like there is no gain on it I went into the transducer settings and it’s showing it as connected. if I turn the gain right up in the calibration menu and the gain dial it shows up a very faint line of the bottom. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Willie

Have you verified the tap setting is set correctly or that you didn't get the LF and HF cables swapped? If not running both freq, you would need to change the setting for the other channel to "Not Connected" so not to damage the machine without running load on that channel. If you get the cables swapped, then trying to ring 200 Khz into a 38 will not work well. If you are sure that you didn't get it swapped, then you should kick into troubleshooting mode. Take the LF side and tap it for the 200Khz and setup the software for 200khz and then move the cable over to the other channel and set the HF to not connected. Run the LF completely as 200Khz and see if it works then. Normally when running only one freq on a duel freq sounder; the LF side is the one used. Remember each channel can be tuned to 28 to 210khz so both channels are the same except the the labeling (LF/HF).

Thanks Johnny, I tried all the above options you suggested sadly with no luck I’m nervous I may have done some damage to the unit by trying to run it on one transducer without setting the other channel to not connected as you suggested I have also re-installed the 38kHz transducer and that’s not reading the bottom either. I think I will possibly have to send it back to ENL once they open after the holidays, is there any other suggestions you might have before send it away?
Thanks again
Willie
BE26CDC3-9B4C-4E8E-B481-72428D98BD48.jpeg
F531B557-414C-4979-8051-AB83D01942DF.jpeg
7EA932C1-1BBE-4653-820E-50382CA50F16.jpeg

Looking at the required tap settings shown by the software (B=LF & C=HF), your wired taps are not setup that way. Both are setup for the same tap settings. That isn't correct for sure.

Thanks again for the response Johnny, I think it must have been a bad photo I just rechecked the tap settings and they appear correct to me have attached a better photo of how they are set.
Cheers
65475E10-DE0B-405A-A63D-73D30C0C7F18.jpeg

I would recommend sending it in for an evaluation. Being you didn't get good signal on either channel could either be the transducer or the sounder. The sounder looks pretty weathered and could use a good checkout regardless and that way you can work from there.

Johnny, Thanks for the help. I think once they open back up will send it up there and get it all checked out. Just wanted to run it pass someone who knew a bit about it incase I was missing something. It could definitely do with a bit of TLC it’s on a commercial boat and gets a pretty hard time. Once I have sent it away and found out what the issue is I’ll let you know just for your own interest.
Thanks again for all your help.
Cheers
Willie

Back