FCV 585 - Screen problem

A

Anonymous

Good Day,

I have a Furuno FCV 585 that is approximately 2 years old. The problem I am seeing is the screen is starting to pull away from glass causing bubbles around the edges of the screen. (Similiar problem that Northstar units had on there 6000/6000i series.) I can't seem to find any info if Furuno will cover this under warranty issue as this is definitely in a defect in the glue between the screen and the glass. Does anyone know about this problem or am I the only one?

Thanks,

George

Senchin,
When you have a chance you can send it in and we will take a look at it.

Send it to;
Furuno USA
ATTN: Service Dept
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA. 98607

Snips

Hi Snips,

Is there a number to call for Support? I live in Bermuda and to ship it to the US it will cost me $150 or more. I can send photos etc. and happy to send in but I want to know whether or not warranty will cover this unit and pay for return shipping back to me first. Who can I email or call to start this process?

Thanks,

George

Furuno USA support can be reached at 410-479-4420 (East coast office) or 360-834-9300 (West Coast office). No warrantee evaluations are done over the phone but if you have your serial number of your US unit, they can tell you if the unit is currently under warrantee.

Hi Gents, what ever happened here, i have the same finder and the same problem?

Good morning Jason,

I am not sure what the outcome was for Senchin, if his unit was under warranty he probably sent it in. If you are having the same issues, please contact Warranty Services at Furuno Camas 360-834-9300. Please have your Serial Number ready and available. Our warranty services personnel will be able to give you a couple options.

Hi I got the Furuno FCV585 same problem bubble around edges.Where can i get it looked at im in Australia, It seems a common problem and the unit is not under warranty, I think it should be a recall issue

Back