Fcv -295 help

Marck . L

Hey all good day i have a problem with my fcv-295 with a CA28BL-12HR transducer.
When i am in about 600ft of water and cruise faster than 10 knots i lose the bottom and also the bottom appears really slow on the screen ,
Is this normal with an inhull tranducer of that size ? And can anyone suggest another better transducer that won’t loose bottom that quick
Thanks in advance

Losing bottom only when underway is one of the primary indicators of turbulence. Another transducer in the same spot is going to perform the same way.

I agree. I would say that the CA28BL-12HR is a thru-hull transducer not an in-hull. If being used as an in-hull, it could be that part of the problem as the hull will attenuate signal.

Marck.L,

When it comes to the performance of FCV295, I recommend using only "wet-faced" transducers and not the In-hull transducers. Can you supply any pictures showing the installation of your transducer..? :unsure:

- Deep Blue

Hii, thanks to all who replied and helped me, you guys rock it was not an in hull transducer but a thru hull, i built a fering for it and put it outside under the boat and went fishing yesterday, at 1200 ft at 15 knots i did not even lose 1 second of bottom.

Thanks to all 👊🏼

Back