FCV 295 only showing low Frequency only

semien1

Think I made a mistake when going into XDCR to make sure that all my settings were right.. Worked fine before I made a slight change on my airmar b260 tranducer parameters and now I read 50kz in both high and low frequency mode. Cannot get back into XDCR settings to try to restore 200kz and input the correct settings. Does anyone know what I need to do to get back into XDCR and what the right parameters are...
thanks much

Tugboat Mike
Semien1

HOLD any button (like MENU) during the power up process until the initial transducer setup appears, then let go. Regarding settings, the B260 has two types. The correct type for the FCV295 is a NON-Diplexed transducer where you have two wires for HF and two wires for LF. If you have the proper B260 version then the tap settings (wires) should be setup first at the back of the machine. The correct tap settings would be B on the LF side and A on the HF side. If someone sets these to high it can damage the transducers.

Thanks much Jonny Electron. Did the B260 inputs as described with 1 question. The transducer options were 50/200-1ST or 50/200-1T. I chose 50/200-1ST since it shoed the proper tap settings in both high and low. Hope this was correct. Seams to be working fine in high freq while fishing up to 30 fathoms and lots of clutter while fishing in low freq at 120 fathoms. trying to smooth everything out using clutter and tvg. Will keep experimenting. Any further help is very much appreciated.
Thanks again
Tugboat Mike
Semien1

one more question. The tx power is in auto. Should I be inputting band width and if so what would they be and what section would I use to input that?
Thx again

Thanks much Jonny Electron. Did the B260 inputs as described with one question. The transducer options were 50/200-1ST or 50/200-1T. I chose 50/200-1ST since it shoed the proper tap settings in both high and low frequencies. Hope this was corrrect. Seems to be working fine in high frequency while fishing in up to 30 fathoms and lots of clutter while fishing in low frequency at 120 fathoms.Trying to smooth everything out using clutter, tvg and gain controls. will keep experimenting. Any further help is much appreciated. I just learned that I can also input XDCR items manually since this B260 transducer is not listed as a transducer choice. Will change to manual input but it seems that the 50/200-1ST input seems to be working fine.
hank you very much again.
Tugboat Mike
Semien1

Normally I would recommend setting the transducer model to MANUAL and then setting the freqs up manually (50/200). The way you have done it will work fine. The power and impedance matching is done by the TAP settings at the back of the unit and that is the most important thing to get right. Yes, power set to automatic would be recommended.

Back