FCV-295 electrical noise/feedback

Keikikai

Hello, I’m chasing what I believe to be electrical noise on a fcv-295. While boat is running pulse interference shows up on bottom of screen, turn engines off and interference goes away.. power wire was coming from switch panel before, rewired straight from battery to unit and still same problem...
Thank you
Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Keikikai,

If the unit is suffering from Electrical Interference or Noise, ensure that there is an Earth Ground Wire directly connected to the Earth Ground Stud located on the back of the FCV295.

You can also re-route any transducer wiring away from any other electrical cables as not to create any type of electrical field that might be getting into the Transducer wiring and causing interference to the FCV295.

-Deep Blue ;)

Deep blue,

Does earth ground stud need to go directly to negative on battery... I have it to negative side on busbar..

Sorry I’m new to this way of hooking up a furuno, all mine in the pass had plugs...

Little back story. Boat had a volvo diesel with a 292 that worked perfect, pulled diesel and went to twin Suzuki 140 outboards and still 292 working great, upgraded to the 295, used power from panel switch and negative from busbar. Got bad pulse feedback, was told to run dedicated +/- wire from battery, did that and still have the problem, was told to go dead ship/motors off, with motors off/dead ship no interference...

Keikikai,

The FCV295's Earth Ground should be separated from the vessel's electrical power distribution system. I recommend connecting the Earth Ground to an Engine Block, Reduction Gear Housing, or an Outboard Mount. Some vessels are equipped with a bonding system where you can connect your Earth Ground.

The key factor here is that the FCV295's Earth Ground is connected to any seawater ground that will help cancel out any electrical noise or interference.

-Deep Blue :cool

Back