fcv 295 digital depth readout

solomon

Good morning,
Does any have a answer to this former post?
‐----------

Post a reply
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
fcv 295 sounder digital depth read out

Postby dickpastore » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 pm
my fcv 295 sounder will not show digital depth reading. it s reading bottom with not problem as shown by the bottom profile on the screen. there are a couple of tx settings which i dont understand. sent unit back to furuno for new power supply and was told that the frequency setting was supposed to be at 50 which is where the tech set it. i ve have another furuno tech tell me to set the frequency at 150 and the installer of the equipment set it at 250. wtf??

what does the tx mean.

the sounder showed the digital depth momentarily at the dock and then never again.

i know this is a setting problem but the which ones. can someone also explain what tx means

frustratedly yours
-----------

I have searched and have not found an answer and it looks like the Mod sent a PM to this guy and didnt post a reply. Any help would be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Chris

sent unit back to furuno for new power supply and was told that the frequency setting was supposed to be at 50 which is where the tech set it. i ve have another furuno tech tell me to set the frequency at 150 and the installer of the equipment set it at 250. wtf??

Do you know the model number of your transducer? If it is a non-chirp transducer you will want to put the frequency to 50 on LF and 200 on HF or the frequency your transducer is running.
If you have a CHIRP transducers, you can pick whatever frequency you like within it's bandwidth. For example on the HF side, if it runs through a frequency bandwidth of 150-250khz, you can setup your HF frequency within any number between 150-250khz.

what does the tx mean.

TX stands for transmit.

the sounder showed the digital depth momentarily at the dock and then never again.

Go into menu > system > user > bottom level. Put that number to -30 and then check if you have a digital depth number. If you have a good bottom reading and can see the bottom on the screen, it should display the depth number. If not, please post a picture of your screen here

solomon,

Do you know the model number of the transducer currently connected to the FCV-295..? :questions

That's a good place to start before we change any of the settings for your FCV-295.

-Deep Blue

Thank you so much for responding so fast.
The tducer model is R111C - LH.
I will make the one suggested adjustment And report back.
Thanks again
Chris

How deep of water are you in that picture you posted, it looks like you are in 6ft of water? Do you have any pictures of you in deep water?

Are you in auto range?

kicker":2fsz96ta said:
How deep of water are you in that picture you posted, it looks like you are in 6ft of water? Do you have any pictures of you in deep water?

Are you in auto range?

Thanks for helping, yes it's at my dock and it is only 6 foot if water. It is not set to auto range. I am going out tomorrow and I will get some more screen shots.
Maybe what would be helpful is if I start the 295 from the default and work from there knowing what the transducer model is and which setting to adjust to have a solid starting point. I know this unit isnt a plug and play off you go type of unit, it needs some tweaking to see what works at each depth ect.
Thanks again for all.your input.
Chris

This is a powerful commercial grade sounder for getting deeps waters. It isn't really designed to conduct navigational depth under 10 feet of water. Normally for that, one would get a Airmar smart depth sensor or something similar. If you wish to try getting depth that shallow you should be using only high freq and use manual mode with lowering the gain wayyyy down with the range scale set to the lowest setting.

Back