FA-70 AIS Transceiver

JohnO

Hi - new to the boards. We have a NavNet TZT2 but currently no AIS. We are wanting to install an AIS and have had a hard time finding a Furuno Class B transceiver that is in stock. Currently waiting to see the FA-70 hit the shelves, but it looks like dates keep pushing out. Anyone have any insight? We'd prefer to have a Furuno brand AIS to reduce compatibility issues, but would welcome recommendations from others who have used non-Furuno AIS transceivers. Thanks much!

Hi JohnO,

Yes sorry to say the FA40 and FA70 were some of the items hit hard by the component shortages just as the boating market also ramped up due to Covid. Thanks for considering Furuno but because dealers stage orders, availability isn't something we can offer any insight on the tech forum. Dealers are always the best source of that infomation because they know where they are in line with any pending orders. The market has been crazy and it has been difficult to get VHF radios of any brand most of this last year (and many other assorted items). I guess it depends on how badly you want AIS. There haven't been any compatibility issues with anyone's AIS that I am aware other than if you get 0183 version you will also need to plan a 0183/2000 converter because TZT2 only accepts 2000 or older Furuno network AIS data. Good luck, I know it can be frustrating.

Back