TZT3 with AIS

maxima

HI Furuno Support, I would like to knows how to manually tune TZT3 for AIS signal. I've install a temporary AIS, while waiting for the FA-70 (wont be any time soon till early next year I suppose?). What I've is a vesper marine xb-8000 ais transponder with built-in wifi . When I wifi it between my Navionics(iPad), AIS signal is okay. But the TZT3 network with Vesper AIS is not showing any AIS signal? Vesper AIS Class B is connect to FI5002.

What is there to look for in setting?

The Furuno USA forum is more of a users help group and not official support. For official support contact your distributor directly. If you are a Furuno USA customer that would be via the website www.FurunoUSA.com - Support - Ask a question, or call in at 410-479-4420 / 360-834-9300.

If the TZT3 is receiving AIS, it should show up on the plotter screen. If it isn't then swipe up from the bottom of the screen and ensure the AIS setting is set to ON.

In regards to sales of the FA40 or FA70 in the USA, the release might be sooner than we originally planned. They are waiting for the necessary stock to release in a market this size. At this time, the US release is planned sometime in the next 60 days.

even "active" AIS ist not a transponder, its a transceiver ;)

I have a backup navigation system (Rasperry with a so called Moitessier hat) that takes over the tasks "GPS Position and AIS RX" when needed and sends the data into the N2K network. AIS Data shows up, no problem at all.

Perhaps your connection via the junction box is not correct? Can you see tha AIS Data on other instruments, for example FI 70? Is the termination Jumper within the junction box set to the correct position? Furthermore your AIS should show up in the setting menu of the plotter, network units.

Are you attempting to get the Vesper data to the TZT3 via wifi? If so, why not just plug the Vesper into the NMEA2000 network?

Back