Engine Display Information

pfrith44

Re posting in this section after realizing this is the proper place for this question.

Might someone know the format of the engine data, that is presented to a N2K attached GP1971F when interfacing a Yamaha engine(command link plus) to a NMEA2K via the standard Yamaha to N2K gateway and cable? Would I simply see the standard display of engine parameters on my GP1971F in Yamaha format, or would the format be similar to those referenced in the "instruments" section of the GP1971F users manual. The Yamaha gauge will be the CL5 touchscreen display.
Thank You,

pfrith44":3ifwk4we said:
Would I simply see the standard display of engine parameters on my GP1971F in Yamaha format, or would the format be similar to those referenced in the "instruments" section of the GP1971F users manual. The Yamaha gauge will be the CL5 touchscreen display.
Thank You,

Yes, essentially GP1971F doesn't do proprietary integrations with Yamaha, Volvo, Mercury, etc. it just takes the outputted PGN values from the engine manufacturer's NMEA 2000 gateway and puts it into the instruments as referenced in the manual like you say.

Hope this helps ;)

- Maggy :sail

Back