TZTL12F and Yamaha Engine Tile (Menu)

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I have some questions regarding the following Furuno guide on this topic:

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...net_tztouch2_and_yamaha_gauge_information.pdf

It all sounds really good but I have not been able to get any information from Yamaha regarding this setup so I'm checking to see if there is a Furuno expert on this that can help.

I have dual 2006 Yamaha F150's and a Command Link system (square gauges). I've used the Yamaha MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 for many years to provide engine data to my previous NN3D system. With my new TZT9 and TZTL12F system it seems like the TZTL12F is sensing the MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 gateway and displaying the Yamaha Engine tile that is shown on page 5 of the bulletin. Yet when I select this tile there is no data displayed. I'm assuming it's because I would need to replace the MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 gateway with the 6YG-8A2D0-00 gateway mentioned in the bulletin.

I can get traditional instruments to display engine parameters on both MFDs which indicates the MAR-GTWAY-ML-09 gateway is working and passing data to the N2K network.

Since the 6YG-8A2D0-00 gateway (interface unit) is another $300 to replace something that is working fine I would like to confirm that the 6YG-8A2D0-00 interface unit works with Command Link as described in the attached Furuno bulletin for the TZTL12F and that it will work with the TZT9 for traditional instruments to display engine parameters.

I recommend talking to Yamaha about these interfaces. I suspect you would have to upgrade to their newer interface to get the Yamaha proprietary engine status'. Being that you have most of the common NMEA 2000 items with your existing interface, I am not sure you would want the extra expense, but if it saved you from buying a more expensive engine monitoring system; it might be worth it.

Thanks for the feedback Johnny. I'm just going to purchase the new gateway and find out for myself. For the TZTouch2 MFD's to provide an engine menu that exactly mimics the Yamaha 6YC information station there must have been a Furuno-Yamaha partnership of some kind. In speaking with both it's kind of mysterious, even though this capability has been out at least 2 years.

I'm mainly interested in not losing engine information that I had back with my NN3D system. For some reason, with the TZT and TZT2 the engine display does not provide water pressure, which I had with NN3D. I also do not like the look and configuration options for the gauges. Twin engines should be able to be displayed side by side in a port/starboard configuration. The only option with the TZT/TZT2 is over and under which is not intuitive at all.

I'd be happy to post up some results (screen shots) once I have the gateway installed if you think it would be useful to others.

Furuno Japan, I am sure has someone they work with at Yamaha. As Furuno USA we do not have such easy and direct access. Here is a list we put together here as far as what is shown additional on the Yamaha gauge screen. It is the same standard screen specified by Yamaha.
There are still some unknowns on other than Yamaha engines but we know pretty well what is available for Yamaha. EngineStuff.JPG

I suppose things can vary based on the exact Yamaha engine you have. Just because we show the data doesn't make us the Yamaha experts. Things specific to the engines and their interfaces are best answered by them.

The 6YG-8A2D0-00 (new gateway) arrived yesterday so I popped it in and had to give it a try. Note that I did not start the engines since the boat is in the garage, so I only turned the keys to the on position. When turned to on the 6YC simulated display came to life. I did a little bit of editing to change the item and order for the lower row of gauges and a screen shot is attached.

It looks like all the traditional engine data is also coming across fine. I will confirm the next time I'm on the water. There is also a Yamaha engine menu choice under Initial Setup and all its sub-menus seem to be fully functional with the new gateway as well. Some of these sub-menus did not display anything with the older gateway (MAR-GTWAY-ML-09). A screen shot is provided of one of the sub-menus that now works.

TZT2ScreenShot_6YCs.jpg

TZT2ScreenShot_YamTripMaintMenuS.jpg

If you look at the Furuno bulletin posted previously you will see that only a full screen 6YC tile is available at this time but a 1/4 screen tile is in the works for a future release. I'll look forward to the 1/4 screen tile as it will be more appropriate and usable in a combo with other tiles.

If you look at the first image (6YC simulated display) it seems to be cut off maybe 10-20 pixels at the bottom. The screen shot is exactly how it looks on the display. It would be nice if the 6YC display is not cut off at the bottom and perhaps this is a minor programming modification. If so, please pass it to the Japan team working on the 1/4 screen tile and perhaps they can make the necessary adjustment. Any chance the 1/4 screen tile will be in software v5.04?

v6.01 is the next planned software for the TZT2. We most likely won't see that until July. I do not know all the changes they have planned. I guess we will find out when we get it.

Back