DSC Position Report Truncated

Dear Johnny,
i saw you ask which software is installed, i checked your web page and found also only version 1.03. Can you tell uns what is new or what has been fixed in version 1.04.

V1.03 was to add APB sentence for autopilot support, and Zuse mode.
V1.04 is currently in final testing and it has the changes needed for DSC. Japan found that new software is needed for both the IF-NMEA2k2 and the TZT to fully resolve the reported DSC issue. V1.04 software for the IF-NMEA2k2 will be released after final testing but the TZT will have to wait until it's next software release. I wouldn't feel rushed to upgrade the IF-NMEA2k2 to 1.04 until the next TZT software comes available.

Well, thats not "funny".

I put some effort and Money in updating the converter to get rid of that Position Report problem. Beside of that it is also a small safety issue, because the Position is more or less wrong. I assume, that also a DSC Distress Position will be ripped?

The issue only involves the plotting of the DSC target on the plotter screen.
The emergency functions of the DSC of the radio are totally unaffected; nor is the DSC position that your radio shows of any DSC call. I understand that the DSC plotting location is an inconvenience and it is being corrected. We appreciate your understanding.

The big Advantage of the plotter is obiously to mark the Position on the Screen. I think noone is willing to Transfer a Position shown on the Radio to the Chart.

When sailing with my buddies we often use the pos req function to check where each other is. In this case the wrong position is only inconvenient.

Last year while sailing near the channel Islands we received a dsc-mob distress. Of course it was quite surprising that the Position was marked 400ft away from water on the land. At first I thought someone is playing around with is Radio at home. Furthermore this bug is/was not known, so a Skipper wont most likely crosscheck the Position.

To make a Long Story short: This bug can spoil a rescue maneuver before it even starts. The bug is known for months. I dont wanna be to harsh, but a Company like Furuno should have fixed that within days.

Acer as a non-Furuno USA customer, it is important that you be working with your local distributor. Although we try to be responsive to everyone, your local distributor should be the first stop. Furuno USA has been shipping new software in the IFNMEA2k2 that solved most of this issue for connected devices. (existing devices are updated for free at the service center) The TZT has new software coming out soon to address how it deals with DSC and adds many new features. I encourage you to voice your concerns with your distributor which will assist them in feeding back your concerns to Furuno Japan. The issue will be resolved, and overall we have received very few customers complaints about this issue. We ask for your understanding; the issue hasn't and isn't being ignored.

Johnny, first of all big Hands for Furuno USA for having this board. I know that things like this cost some Money and arent easy to handle.

Furuno Germany is already Aware of this issue and also says Japan is on it. I also understand that working on the TZT SOftware is tricky because the solution of one probleam can lead to two new ones.

I bricked my two ifnmea2k converters first. One was fixed by Furuno, the second one was fixed by myself. I am now at V1.03, but Version history says 1.04 is out. I see no download link for that Version??!!

I wasnt Aware of that Problem until I read about it in this Forum. I am quite sure that a lot of customers arent Aware of that Situation (or are nout using the converter for communication between Radio and canbus) and thats why there are only very few complaints.

But thats the Point: You are heading to a dsc distress Position accurate up to 1-5 meters at flank Speed only to see that nothing is there.

I know that this Kind of Event is very unlikly to happen. But when it happens......
It is the same Thing as with parachutes: If you Need one and you have None you will never Need one again

Previously we only had software that could program 1.04 via a NN3D or a customer would have to send it to the service center. We now have two upgrade methods. (PC or NN3D) The new instructions have been posted. You might want to download them to get a head start. I will let the web site guys know that they need to post the new download links. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Well, updated my nmea converters to 1.04, no Problems.

Position is - as exspected - still truncated. So lets wait for the tztouch update.

Do you have a rough ETA?

I know that new TZT software is required to support the remote keyboard announced at the Miami boat show, so we should see an update around April/May but not sure if it will include the DSC update or not. They don't tell us much until the update comes available.

Hi,

The position trucation problem has been reported to the team in charge of Inputs/Outputs (btw, I'm a member of this team).
I can tell you it's fixed in the next TZT version to be released.

Jojo

Don't know exactly.
Only thing i'm sure is that this version is being tested by Furuno. And that the last bug report we had and we fixed was May, 8th (20 days ago).

So, I guess it shouldn't be very long now.

J

Converter already is on 1.04.

Factory reset on tztouch????? Could not do that at the moment because underway

Back