DRS4DNXT no sweeps

jj64

The radar has been installed and working great for 5 years on the boat. I recently disconnected it and put the done in storage for 6 weeks while some work is being done on the boat. After remounting and reconnecting I tested functionality in TZ Navigator 5. It works fine for a few minutes then displays “No Sweeps”. I have to power cycle it to see sweeps again, but the same thing happens. I tried cleaning the contacts on the power/data connector but that didn’t seem to help. Any ideas what else I can do for troubleshooting?

I would recommend turning the radar to STBY and open the dome to check that power going directly in is a good 12.5-13.5v. If the power is reading good, get an off the shelf RJ45 network cable (Yes, unshielded and plastic connectors are okay just for testing) to connect directly from the radar into the PC. It won't matter if it is a straight or cross-over cable because either will work. Select the radar in the software and try again. If the problem is cleared it is related to your wiring/hub or something. If the problem is the same, contact Nobeltec to support to ensure they have no known issues and if not, the Dome should be evaluated for repair.

Dear Johnny same problem facing in our customers Timezero coastal monitoring system. "no sweep"
see this video
i switched off and on again but system still same.

If there is a trend, there might be a software issue going on and recommend that you are working with Nobeltec so it can be pinned down. If you have a Furuno MFD available, you might leave the PC off and run the MFD to see what it does.

If there is a trend, there might be a software issue going on and recommend that you are working with Nobeltec so it can be pinned down. If you have a Furuno MFD available, you might leave the PC off and run the MFD to see what it does.
Thanks for you feed back.
There is dual radar system DRS12 x class . Both are same models but one is working well second has "NO SWEEPS" problem. i think software has no issue.it is something else.

Then the radar should be evaluated by a qualified bench tech. If one is working and the other is consistently bad, it seems pretty cut and dry it needs some fixing.

Back