DRS4D-NXT Display return issue

azcopperstar

Installed new DRS4DNXT radar scanner and TZT3-12 MFD in April. Radar has worked flawlessly until this past week. Left San Diego early last Sunday for cruise up coast. 3 hours out, cruising up coast towards Dana Point, radar return picture started to fade (attenuate) until after 30 minutes not even the coastline produced a return (other vessels as well did not return). Adjusted gain to 100%, no help. Adjusted sea to 100% & 0% no help, advance/coastal did not make a difference.
Anchored at Dana Point and messed with the settings over the next few days but could only produce a large close in doughnut around the boat by setting gain to 100% and sea to 0%.
Contacted Furuno phone help and talked to tech. Tried all of his suggestions including factory hardware reset, no help.
Disconnected scanner from TZT3 and ran thru NavNet to TZ Pro, same results.
Took top off scanner to confirm cables and scanner rotation, no help. Even ran an ethernet cable from network directly to scanner to rule out cable issue, no help.
I am at a loss, any ideas?
Thanks.

Sorry for the long delay.
Ended up shipping the unit back to Furuno for repair.
They shipped a new unit to me, so I presume that it was just a bad scanner.
Thanks for trying to help me, tho.

Just an update on the issue.
After talking to the local Furuno tech, the unit was sent back to Furuno for repair.
Furuno replaced the unit with a new unit and stated that the processor was inoperative.
Reinstalled unit and all is well.
Local tech stated that this was a very rare occurrence and he sees very few problems with Furuno units.

Back