Different type of Airmar B260 transducers?

Sleipner93

Hi. I was lucky to get hold of a second hand B260 transducer. Im not sure which sounder it was used on earlier. The old cable on it was like the one on the picture i add here. So i got hold of a Furuno 10-pin connector cable, cut the transducer cable and soldered it together. Im using it with a Navnet 3d and Dff1 module. It works, but i think it should work better.

On the sounder display i will get a lot of "plankton"/disturbance both ond HF/LF even with gain almost on zero.

I wasnt able to get the total correct schematic for the soldering, is it possible that i've mixed up the HF/LF cables?

The temperature also shows incorrect value.

Are there different kinds of B260 inside the transducer? I thought they were all the same with different connectors in the end ? Its a pity if this transducer wont fit to the Furuno system..

Sleipner 93,
Sorry no picture was attached.
There are two types of B-260's, diplexed and non-diplexed. You want to use a diplexed one with the DFF1. If the transducer cable has a Blue and Black pair with a shield wire it is diplexed. However if you have a Blue/Black pair and another pair which is Blue/Black with a white stripe you have a non-diplexed B-260. In a non-diplexed B-260 the Blue/Black pair is the 200Khz side and the Blue/Black with a white stripe is for 50Khz. The temperature wires are White/Brown for both transducers.

Snips

Sleipner,
Below is the correct wiring for the DFF1.

Snips

Attachments

• Wiring.JPG
    Wiring.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 5,084
Pretty sure thats not the way i connecteded it. I bought a 10 pin to 8 pin cable at my Furuno dealer. He told me to cut the cable if it didnt fit and splice same colors together. Will a furuno mb1100 do the trick since my B260 doesnt have diplexer inside ? Are you able to see if my B260 has diplexer inside if i post the full Airmar number? I know there is a label on the cable.

Sleipner93,
The correct Airmar PN is 41-282-1-01.
I would not use a MB-1100 as it was meant to be used with Furuno transducers.
Airmar makes a similar matching box however just for the B-260.

Snips

Hi again Snips.

So i've searched a bit for the Airmar B260 matching box. Seems like its out of production i only found an old manual for it. I've found this one https://www.imarineusa.com/Airmar33-615-01.aspx is this something i can use? Im guessing the DFF1 is now sending 50 or 200khz on only one of the elements inside my transducer which gives me the poor sounder performance ?

Sleipner93,
Give the good folks at Gemeco a call, 803-693-0777.
Ask them for an impedance matching box for a B-260 that is paired with a DFF1.

Snips

My label on the 260 : B260 PN : 41-104-1-02

Are you able to tell if the ducer is non diplexed ?

Will the temperature also be correct with a diplexer or are there different impedance temperature sensors ?

Sleipner93,
41-104-1-02 doesn't come up on Airmar's latest cross reference list.
Can you double check the numbers again.

Snips

Sleipner93,
Gemeco says that this transducer is a non-plexed.
They have di-plexer that will work (diplexmm).
Since this is not an item I am directly familiar with I suggest you call them directly at 803-693-0777 for additional information.

Snips

Thanks again for the help Snips. I talked to Gemeco they said like you that it would work with a MM diplex. I will try and get hold of one at my local dealers here in Norway. Thanks again for premium help!

Back