DFF3D with TZTL12F , additional transducer

anthony

Hi

I have DFF3D for some time already and i am thinking about installing another transducer capable of bottom lock , bottom zoom and bottom discrimination functions.

Can i get any advice which transducer would be good to install?

My B54 is installed on fairing block STBD side , i am thinking of installing new transducer on the port side.

Can TZT work with 2 transducer connected and how i could operate them , would i have to switch between 2 transducers inside settings menu or they can operate simultaneously?

Thank you

Anthony,
You can have only one transducer connected to the TZT2, however if you are using a DFF3D the transducer is connected into that module instead of the back of the MFD. You will have separate settings for the internal sounder and the DFF3D. There are a couple of ways to go on transducers, you can use a combo transducer or separate. It really come down to how much space you have available. If you already have a M54 I would look at using a B-260 for the TZT2.

Snips

Hi Snips

Thank you for your answer

My question is , when i install B-260 , what would be my options of using these two transducers?
Would i be able to use them in same time , on the same screen(split display),or i will have to switch between them one by one by going in the settings menu and selecting transducers from TZT or DFF3D? Basically to use them in same time do i have to have two separate screens ?

If i am going to use B-260 do i have to power off DFF3D (B54) and vice versa ?

Thank you

The B260 is 50/200kHz and the DFF3D is 165kHz. There should be no interference and yes, you can display and adjust on the same MFD.

Thanks Melville

As per installation guide i have installed B54 to starboard side because propeller blades are moving downward.
Do you recommend to install B-260 on the same stbd side (if yes how far should be) or other port side?

Thank you

Snips/Melville

Before my final order i would like to confirm that B-260 would be the best option for my system beside DFF3D (B54)

By reading TZTL12F user manual i cannot find B-260 on the list that is supporting rezBoost function,for example?

Would you recommend that i install transducer on the same starboard side or i should go to the port side?

Thank you

Hi

Could i please get confirmation should i install new transducer on the opposite side of the boat or on the same side as first transducer.

I have B54 installed on the stbd side , should i install B260 to the port side?

Thank you

Anthony,
The B-260 is in the list of transducers under 526TID-HDD.
The starboard side mounting has more to do with transom transducers as they are more affected by the props rotation. Since the B-260 is almost twice the size of a B-54 it makes sense to mount it opposite the B-54. However If you want to post pictures of your current installation we could see if there is room to mount it on the same side as the B-54.

Snips

Snips

I am sorry if i am repeating my self i would just like last confirmation before actually ordering B260.
Do you think that it makes sense to have this two transducers with TZTL12F and that i will have benefits by installing B260 on top of B54 (especially for bottom fishing) and that this will make a good system all together?

Thanks a lot

Anthony,
If you already have the B-54 and want the best combination then go with the B-260. If you use a combo transducer and replace your B-54 you will see less performance on the TZ sounder.

Snips

Back