DFF3D paired with a FCV 585

SC_HAMACHI

In the process of upgrading the electronics on the boat and had a question. Can I utilize the DFF3D combo transducer 165T/50/200 SS260 to run the DFF3D on the TZ3 and my current FCV 585? Should I except to see any interference on either machine while both are operating simultaneously? Different frequency, but I thought I would see if there was any first hand experiences. Thanks

SXC_HAMACHI
Thank you for your inquiry.
The good news is the the Furuno engineers designed the DFF3D knowing that many fisherman would desire to use it simultaneously with other fishfinders. As such they fixed the frequency of the DFF3D to 165khz, away from the frequency band of many traditional 50/200khz sounders and many of the newer High/Low CHIRP sounders. The key point is to keep the frequency of one from overlapping that of another. So the short answer is Yes; the 165T-50/200-SS260 transducer can be utilized w/o interference for both a FCV585 and a DFF3D+TZT3.

SC_HAMACHI":1cccxx22 said:
In the process of upgrading the electronics on the boat and had a question. Can I utilize the DFF3D combo transducer 165T/50/200 SS260 to run the DFF3D on the TZ3 and my current FCV 585? Should I except to see any interference on either machine while both are operating simultaneously? Different frequency, but I thought I would see if there was any first hand experiences. Thanks

With an FCV585 operating at a fixed 200kHz you will be fine. I have a DFF-3D and use the internal CHIRP sounder on a TZT 3. The high frequency CHIRP band overlaps with the DFF-3D 165kHz and it is necessary to use the interference filter. That gets rid of most but not all of the noise (which shows up on the regular sounder, not the DFF-3D). I tried setting my TZT 3 sounder to a fixed 200Hz and the interference went away -- that's basically replicating what you would have with the FCV585.

Back