DFF3 Vs FCV1150

Scotty B

I am hoping to get some comparisons of the DFF3 vs the FCV1150. I realise one is a stand alone unit and the other is a Black Box unit that needs to be hooked up to a network. What I would like to know is are they the same in their sounding abilities. Do they share a similar sounder processor. With the same transducer would they output the same power and give give similar readings.

The DFF3 and the FCV1150 have the same frequency range of 28 Khz to 200 Khz "selectable". The power output for both of the sounder modules are (1,2, or 3KW). The readings would be similar but the DFF3 does not have the physical knobs and would be controlled through a NavNet MFD.

Scotty B.

Both PROV1X and Johnny Electron summed up it all correctly. The DFF3 is the Blackbox version of the FCV1150 without the 12.1" LCD display. The ability to control the DFF3 can be through a NAVNET System or TimeZero.

Keep in mind that both of these units require when connecting to a transducer, that you have to select the correct Tap Settings, and then set the Low and High Frequency.

- Deep Blue ;)

for all you Snips fans out there.

He is doing quite well and was kind enough to take a few minutes out of his well deserved retirement to point out that the FCV1150 has the ability to control both separate High and Low Frequency TVG Settings (Level and Distance), while the DFF3 only has the one TVG Control.

Just another difference between the FCV1150 and DFF3 that one might consider. :think

- Deep Blue

Thanks so much for all the replies and input. One other question is can a sat compass be hooked up to the DFF3 for heave and roll compensation?
Thanks

Because the FCV1150 is only NMEA 0183; you would need to use the SCX21 or a SCX20 coming off a 2000 bus with a Furuno IF-NMEA2k2. The 0183 sentence for heaving is a proprietary sentence, so you must go direct to something like the 21 or use the Furuno converter from something like the SCX20 or SC33.

Thanks very much Johnny, I have a SCX 21 hooked up to my 1150 but I would like to know if I could hook the SCX 21 to a DFF3 for similar results.

The DFF3 does not have 0183. If the data is provided to the MFD then it will get passed to the DFF3 and yes it offers heaving compensation.

Back