DFF3 Settings

Rampage13

Where can I find how to setup A DFF3 in a TZT2 system with SCX-20 Sat Compass?

1. How do I setup the heave to use the SCX-20? The system only shows SC30 and another one but not SCX-20?
2. Bandwidth setup - High or low what is recommended 100% or lower?
3. Frequency for low and High - do I just type in my desired frequency such as 50Khz for low and 200Khz for high or any other value in the range?
4. Any tips on what settings to adjust or where they should be at?

Hello Rampage13,

First thing to check is that you’re on the latest software version on your TZT2 system which is version 7. Also, make sure you have good connectivity from your SCX20 and TZT2 to a good proper NMEA2000 backbone. After checking these, turn everything on and after the TZT2 is fully booted up select Home, Settings, Initial Setup and under Network Sensor Setup should be SCX-20, select on it and that’s where you can set up the Sat Compass.
You can set the bandwidth depending on the range for slewing the frequency up or down from what you set it too. For example: LF is 50khz and bandwidth is 10 which means you can slew the low side from 50khz down to 45khz or up to 55khz, remember the total bandwidth range is 10.

*The Bandwidth, or “Slewing Range” allows the operator the ability to adjust the Frequency 50% above and 50 % below the starting Frequency within the set range parameters.

Depending on the transducer you are connecting to the DFF3, determines the frequency you want to set in the transducer setup. If you have a 50/200 transducer then yes, you will set the Low to 50khz and High to 200khz.

YachtyBoy

Back