DFF3 Heaving Correction

Rampage13

I have a DFF3 hooked up to TZT2 with R109LH transducer and have a SCX-20 sat compass. I had an issue with my DFF3 and when I got it hooked back up I must have some setting issue or something. If I turn on the heaving correction the screen is very choppy and seems to be much worse than when I turn off the heaving correction. I am on flat bottom but the waves were a tight 2 - 3 ft. +/-

Sonar Heave off =
sonar heave on.jpg

Sonar Heave on =
Sonar Heave off.jpg

Under initial setup on the TZT2, have you put in the location of the GPS (in this case the SCX20)? (Longitudinal and Lateral measurements)

Also, where is the location of the SCX20? It might be getting vibrations that is causing issues for the heaving sensor.

OK I do believe I did this but will review again. The SCX-20 is mounted on the top of my tuna tower about 12 feet above the TZ2 unit. It used to work previously very good hoping it is just a setup issue. I know it does not show SCX-20 as an option so previously I selected SC-30.

I did verify that I have all of the data for the SCX-20 entered and it still does the same thing. As soon as I turn on the heaving correction it starts bouncing up and down just sitting in boat slip.

Does power stay applied to your NMEA network all the time? I had a similar issue and a simple reboot of the SCX-20 resolved the issue. Can be rebooted in from the same screen you do your initial setup in.

I am still having this issue. When I turn on the Heaving control under the fish finder settings. The depth changes about 1.5 ft. and the display looks like it is very choppy even though I am tied up in a slip in the marina. Could it be an issue with the DFF3? The problem started when I changed the DFF3 out due to the old one failing. After installing the new one I now have this issue but it seems like a setup problem.

Any help is appreciated.

I received this unit from my local Furuno Dealer and I was told yes it has the most current software. How do I check to verify?

HOME - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP - SENSOR LIST; you will see the software version near the center of the screen next to the product name.

Yeah it is a puzzle. I recommend you open an official support case with Technical support and provide them photos of your offset and DFF3 settings. I would also recommend you take a USB stick and record a NMEA 2000 recording of the data on your network for them to study.

I am still having the same issue. The software is up to date confirmed with Furuno Tech Support. I called and spoke with Clayton and sent him a video but never heard back.

How do I open a case with tech support? Also help with USB download.

You would contact your Furuno Distributor. If Furuno USA is your distributor, you would open a support case via the website (www.FurunoUSA.com) - Support - Ask a question. There you can also attach files like the NEEDED NMEA 2000 data capture. With TZT2 and TZT3 you can insert a USB memory stick into USB one; then go into the menu (HOME - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP) and pick the storage location and then choose "enable NMEA 2000 log" to ON. After recording the event/issue happening, turn the setting back OFF and give about two minutes before removing the stick. Provide that data to support for study.

Back