DFF1-UHD with TM265LH setup

Mangler

I am looking for some help setting up my DFF1-UHD with a TM265LH on a Navnet TZTouch 14. I currently get output on LF and HF after a power cycle or two, but I am unable to get the bottom depth to display. I can get it from LF and HF output, but the number does not display. I have gone through the settings(recognizes DFF1-UHD), but I haven't redone a manual set up. I am going out on the water tomorrow, and looking for other ideas to try while I am out. I have been avoiding any troubleshooting of the transducer out of the water. It seems like I need to start by redoing a manual setup, but I though I would get some ideas from the experts. I have had the system for only a couple weeks. I will attach examples.
TZTouch 14-2.pngTZTouch 14.png
Thanks!

Mangler,
Make sure the TX rate is 20 and try resetting the HL/LF Bottom Level settings to -20 instead of 0.

Snips

I tried the settings above and I still get ---ft. The settings do seem better-even high speed. I will post more info on my initial setup- maybe I have set it up incorrectly. Accu-fish doesn't work as well, but I figured that was due to my transducer section.

I have tried a few more settings, but I think I must have it set up incorrectly. I didn't do the install, so I am slowly getting up to speed. I will attach data sources and a few other pics. I appreciate any help.IMG_8413.JPGIMG_8415.jpegIMG_8416.JPG

Anything specific(yes I do)?

I tried switching the data source for the depth from IF-NMEA2K2 to DFF1-UHD, but that wasn't the solution. I was hoping it was something simple I missed, but I looks like I need to trace all cables to get a map of the system and make sure it agrees with the manual. I don't see a quick way out of this anymore.

Mangler,
Yes, your depth should be set to look at the UHD module. I can see from some of the grayed out settings you are in a Auto Fish or Cruising mode. I would do a reset of the settings at the bottom of the sounder page. Also your fish targets don't look quite right so double check that the transducer is wired correctly. Blue to pin-1, black to pin-4, black/white to pin-5 and blue/white to pin-8.

Snips

- I changed the data source to use the UHD for depth (from IF-NMEAK2).
- I removed the bare wire in #2 of TB4 because it was labeled for CM265LH only (after I took the picture). Note:All dip switches are in the off position. All other wires seem to be correct.
- Hardware factory default reset and reset Default settings

It appears that I am getting a signal, but I won't be able to test is out until Saturday. Thanks for the help. IMG_8600.JPGIMG_8611.JPG

I finally got a depth reading after going through quite a bit of troubleshooting on the water. I switched "Transducer Draft Source" to "Manual" from I believe "hardware" - Can you help me with why that worked? baffled, but glad to get a depth reading.

I still feel my setup needs to be optimized. Accufish doesn't show fish location or depth, just fish detected. This is the first trip where that even worked. Bottom type only shows up in the A-scope.

Also, the sounder doesn't shut off when the TZTouch shouts down. I manually tun off transducer, or shut down power. Not a big deal.

Can you send more more initial settings on the sounder to start with? I go out in both fresh and salt water. Thanks for the help.

Mangler,
Sounds like you made some good progress. It is not uncommon for the network sounders to keep transmitting for a while after the network is powered down. If you really want to learn the UHD I would start by not using ACCU-FISH or the Bottom Discrimination mode. Both these modes will change the characteristics of the UHD's target presentation. Try these basic settings; manual gain (between 30-60) depending on depth, 1/1 screen advance, clutter between 10-30, TX rate on manual 20, TVG at 5 and power on Auto. Take some screen shots next time out of both frequencies so I can see how you are doing.

Snips

I will try out those settings and post screen shots. Your suggestions have been a huge help saved me a lot of time, thanks!

After two or three trips out, I still not happy with the setup. I think it is the narrow beam of the 256LH is where I struggle. I am considering trying out the TM275LHW. First, can I run I TM265 and TM275 on the DFF1-UHD? How far apart do the transducers need to be to function properly? I want to test them side by side if I can.

My main issue is the fish detection (very little) and clutter stating around 10knt. I am going to try and shim the transducer down to help the speed issue, and want to try the TM275 for the fish detection. Any other suggestions? Anything else you might suggest?

note: the pic of the transducer looks like it is mounted deeper than it really is. Inboard is 1/8".

Attachments

• Transducer1.JPG
    Transducer1.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Transducer2.JPG
    Transducer2.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,195
Mangler,
It is really hard to say much without seeing a screen shot of what you are seeing. You could run the 275 next to the 265 you if what to compare the two. The below picture is from one of my tests comparing the HF side of the two.

Snips

Attachments

• #8.jpg
    #8.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,193
Mangler,
Thank you for your screen shots, did you have a question about them?

Snips

Back