Dff1 UHD with SS175H and SS175L

hakansen

Hi, I need your support to configure my new sounder Furuno TZT2 with airmar’s transducer. ı I have used M260 and already installed in my boat, which I have used with my former Lowrance HDS8. My questions are:
1) Is M260 suitable to use with TZT2?
2) Or if I want to update my transducer to chirp transducer, what should be the combination? (B265LH is not an option as the boat has no flat surface and if I use high performance fairing, then the balance of the boat will be not good as she is very speedy)
Is it possible using B175L and B175H (or SS175L and SS175H) together with Furuno DFF1 Blackbox? And how would be the performance then?

Thank you in advance

Hakan

Hakansen,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Airmar manufacturers the M260 in two different variations; One is a single transmission line (diplexed) and one is a dual transmission line (non-diplexed).
According to their specifications the Airmar non-diplexed M260 is dual element / dual transmission line 1000w 50/200khz transducer. As such this transducer would require an external diplexer box so as to be able to be compatible with the TZT2 internal sounder. Airmar's part number is DIPLEX-MM and a MM1-DST-10F cable would also be required. The single transmit line diplexed version of the M260 is directly compatible with the TZT2 internal sounder. It may be necessary to remove the current Lowrance connector on the end of the cabling and replace with a Furuno 10 pin style (FUSA part number AIR-033-333).
The internal dual frequency fishfinder in the TZT2 is not CHIRP. Instead it was designed to utilize current fixed frequency transducers and enhance the resolution of the returned targets through processing and a process we call RezBoost. It does not utilized any of the dual band CHIRP transducers that Furuno USA offers.
The B175L and B175H transducers can be coupled as a "pair" and utilized a single transmission line 10 pin transducer on the internal sounder in the TZT2 or the external DFF1 fish finder box. Many time specific performance is a factor of the proper installation and the hull design of the vessel which effects water flow over the face of the transducer(s). As such it is difficult for Furuno to determine how these transducers would perform on your specific application.

Thank you for your reply, my M260 is diplexed and ı already changed 10 pin connector for furuno. It seems I did it correctly.

Acording my question B175L and B175H: ıf I add DFF1-UHD blackbox with pair of 175’s with proper installation, then is the system works like DFF1-UHD + B265LH. (Bottom disc., accu fish etc works or not?)

Thank you

Hakan

Back