Date is incorrect

SailorLinda

We have a Furuno 1834 NT. It is still working great but this year when we turned the unit on - July 7, 2022 - it showed a date of December 1, 2002. I checked the GPS status screen and that is the date shown as well. The 'clock' and the time to waypoint functions correctly, it is only the date that is incorrect. I thought the date came from the GPS, I guess not. Can this issue be resolved?. It would be useful to know the date I entered a waypoint, for a record of where I have been. Thanks. SailorLinda

I am currently at sea, just got close enough to shore for a data signal to check email and this forum. How do I find out which model GPS we have. It came with the unit when we purchased the NavNet in 2006. Has always worked well until recently. It dies give me correct lats and longs, just the date is incorrect. The GPS itself is not easily accessed, very high on it's mount. Thanks

It sounds like you have the GP320B GPS unit. That unit has rolled over and the date can not be established correctly without replacement. We would recommend the GP330B/0183 for that NavNet. You will find more information about GPS rollover in other threads on this forum. The GP320B units not previously rolled over; completed roll over this last January.

I had the same issue. I was able to point to my AIS as a source to correct this. Easy. Enter System / choose Installation Wizard. Then go to "Global" tab. Choose "Data Sources". The "Date and Time" box has a dropdown arrow that allows you to choose input source. I switched from the GP-330B (GPS unit earlier referenced, which didn't work) to my AIS. You might have this or other source which works. Good luck!

I had the same issue. I was able to point to my AIS as a source to correct this. Easy. Enter System / choose Installation Wizard. Then go to "Global" tab. Choose "Data Sources". The "Date and Time" box has a dropdown arrow that allows you to choose input source. I switched from the GP-330B (GPS unit earlier referenced, which didn't work) to my AIS. You might have this or other source which works. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! This worked perfectly.

Back