Configuring multiple TZT3s for internet access

danderer

Furuno Fan
I've got 3 TZT3s - two are always on, one (the flybridge) is mostly off.

I use My Timezero to sync to the cloud and to the TZ iBoat app for planning. I also use the NavCenter weather.

Question: Do all 3 TZTs need to be configured to connect to the internet and the cloud (Connect to existing LAN/My Timezero settings)? Or is it sufficient to configure just one of the always-on TZT3s this way and have it share the data locally with the other units?

While one unit should suffice for minor edits, if there's any heavy editing to waypoints or routes vis-à-vis one device or app than it may take time for each device to synchronize.

Should you ever run into synchronization issues, there's an error log you can check now. On any TZ Touch 2/3 plotter running current software you can check the latest sync by going to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > SYNCHRONIZATION Log. There you can check which hosts are online, and what has been recently sync'd between them.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I just added a second TZ3 to my system. Will fish marks sync between the two? I had to sign into iBoat app for the new machine to pick up my way points. Currently the new fish marks from the older TZ3 are not syncing on the chart if the new unit?

Make sure you have both TZT3 units on the same version of software (2.05 is current). Waypoints and routes should sync between machines as long as your network is good and running the same software. Bad user data can sometimes be imported and will show on the machine that you bring it into but not share due to something not quite right with the data. If you ensure your network and software match, you might send your data into tech support for them to check it for any issues.

Back