CM510L

Kaika

The Airmar CM510L looks like a thumping low frequency transducer. I cant find much info on this unit other than what is on the Airmar website. Anyone know more about this "newer" transducer??

While the sonar experts may know more, currently there's nothing more than what Airmar has published on this transducer. I'd recommend for more info, perhaps contacting Gemeco.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

The CM510L is AIRMAR’s new 3 kW low frequency (25 to 50 kHz) Cavity Mount Chirp Transducer designed for commercial fishing market for use in bottom discrimination and target resolution of bottom-fish species or for deep bottom longlining, while still have the performance for use in the upper water column species like tuna. The transducer’s bandwidth is 28 kHz, 38 kHz and 50 kHz, and including every other frequency within that bandwidth.

Here are transducer specifications according to AIRMAR:
• Depth only
• 3 kW
• Maximum depth to 10,000 ft
• Low frequency: 25 to 50 kHz
• Beamwidths:
o 28 kHz — 10° (fore-aft ) X 17° (port-starboard)
o 38 kHz — 8° (fore-aft ) X 16° (port-starboard)
o 50 kHz — 7° (fore-aft ) X 14° (port-starboard)
• Operates in Chirp mode or on discrete frequencies
• Covers popular fishing frequencies of 28 kHz, 38 kHz and 50 kHz plus everything else in the bandwidth

At this time, I do not currently know of any commercial fishing vessel that is using this transducer with a Furuno CHIRP or CW Fish Finder. However, this is bound to change as this transducer becomes more known within the commercial fishing market.

- Deep Blue ;)

The CM510L is AIRMAR’s new 3 kW low frequency (25 to 50 kHz) Cavity Mount Chirp Transducer designed for commercial fishing market for use in bottom discrimination and target resolution of bottom-fish species or for deep bottom longlining, while still have the performance for use in the upper water column species like tuna. The transducer’s bandwidth is 28 kHz, 38 kHz and 50 kHz, and including every other frequency within that bandwidth.

Here are transducer specifications according to AIRMAR:
• Depth only
• 3 kW
• Maximum depth to 10,000 ft
• Low frequency: 25 to 50 kHz
• Beamwidths:
o 28 kHz — 10° (fore-aft ) X 17° (port-starboard)
o 38 kHz — 8° (fore-aft ) X 16° (port-starboard)
o 50 kHz — 7° (fore-aft ) X 14° (port-starboard)
• Operates in Chirp mode or on discrete frequencies
• Covers popular fishing frequencies of 28 kHz, 38 kHz and 50 kHz plus everything else in the bandwidth

At this time, I do not currently know of any commercial fishing vessel that is using this transducer with a Furuno CHIRP or CW Fish Finder. However, this is bound to change as this transducer becomes more known within the commercial fishing market.

- Deep Blue ;)
@Deep Blue, thank you for the info on the CM510L Would this transducer work with the DFF3-UHD? Soonest date I can get on a CM599C-LM is December...

Kaika,

I really don't see a reason why the CM510L 3kW 25-50kHz would not work with the DFF3-UHD, but we have reached out to AIRMAR for clarification on several of the transducer's specifications.

I'll keep you posted...

-Deep Blue​

Back