Charts gone after warranty service

crck0848

I had two TZT3 displays repaired under warranty, and one came back missing most of the charts. Is there a way to re-download the charts that came with that display?

When I look at the card on my laptop, it contains about 200 GB of data, but only about 10 charts show up in the Charts Catalog. The other two MFDs have dozens of charts in the catalog. I don't have unlock codes that I'm aware of.

Thanks.

All charts are read from the card in each machine. They don't share charts over the network. Charts can be downloaded from www.FurunoUSA.com under discover all products - Charts or via mapmedia.com. If you have one good chip and one with messed up or missing data, you can always copy one chart card (good one) over to the other (bad one) in a PC. NEVER use an Apple machine. Always a PC.

Thanks Johnny. I now suspect that the chip reader does not work. I swapped chips between MFD-1 and MFD-3, and nothing changed (MFD-1 still has no charts, and MFD-3 has all charts). And if boot MFD-1 without a chip, it's the same as with a chip. Is there a way to check that the chip reader is working?

The way you tested is a pretty good method. It sounds like the unit needs to be sent in to be evaluated for repair. Before you do, I would like to check something. What is the serial number of the unit?

They had done a change to the mainboard but yours is before that so can't be any association with that. My guess is water or moisture intrusion or just plain failure. I would recommend getting that in for evaluation.

Back