Chart plotter question

Cfc1215

My boat has three TZT3 displays, two 12 inch units, labeled as port and starboard and a nine inch unit in the lower helm. Currently, the 12 inch Starboard unit is set as the master chart unit. I recently purchased a memory card with CMOR charts. I would like to install the card in the lower helm 9 inch due it being much easier to access. Do I need to set that lower unit as the master in order to access the CMOR chart from my upper helm port or starboard? Also, if I primarily use the starboard unit for charts, is there a speed advantage for having the card in that particular unit as opposed to having to access the card from a different unit on the NMEA 2000 network? I appreciate any helpful information, thanks

I was reviewing prior threads and believe that the answer to my first part was found. It doesn’t matter which unit is designated Master, I will be able to access all charts and all units from any unit. However, my second question is open, if I primarily use the starboard unit for chart plotting, is there a speed advantage for having the SD card in that particular unit as opposed to having that unit access the SD card from a different unit using the NMEA 2000 network? I appreciate any helpful information, thanks

Charts are not shared over the Network. Each unit you wish to view charts will need its own chart card. FUSA sold units all ship with a chart card in the back. If you purchased from Europe or elsewhere where no card is provided, you will need to add a chart card to each machine you plan to use for charting.

Thank you for the info, I downloaded the latest CMOR charts to the card in my starboard unit and input the code and the port unit got it as well so not sure how.

Thank you for the info, I downloaded the latest CMOR charts to the card in my starboard unit and input the code and the port unit got it as well so not sure how.
The charts are probably on the card that is in the port unit and the unlock code comes across the entire system.

As gtstang462002 says it was on the card already just needed the unlock code. FUSA shipping units do ship with CMOR charts preloaded. If you have had your unit for awhile, you might want to check the chart version is the same on the other unit for which you didn't load as it might be a version older, in some cases depending on the age/shipment of the MFD.

True but the version was outdated. I had CMOR version 4 on each card port and starboard. I installed version 5 on the starboard card and a version 5 box appears on both the port and starboard unit and they both work, sounds crazy but true. I didn’t try the lower helm unit yet.

Magic I guess because CMOR charts don't share over the network. (nor do any of them; only the unlock code is shared) Glad it is working for you.

Back