Changing Boat Name/MMSI on FA50

rlherring

I am trying to access Ship Static info through the NavNet3d screen. I’ve researched the other posts on this topic but cannot figure out HOW to enter any info staring with the username and password for log in on the access screen.

There is a tech document with full instructions on this posted on the FA50 product page. Give that a try and if still having problems please let us know.Capture332.JPG

I checked that out. I had found all that up to this point. What I cannot figure out how to do is enter the info. I’ve tried cursor buttons, roto key etc....... cannot bring up anything that allows me to enter letters or numbers.

What NN3D MFD are you using? Is there something already in the box and you are reflagging the FA50 or is the FA50 new and the box is blank?

Hi Johnny
I have had normal access to the service section using the Login name:furunoservice.
It is a used unit of a de commissioned Service Tug.
I now want to reprogramme for a fishing trawler and the Login name is now limited to 10 characters. in other words all I can type is : furunoserv nothing more.
Any ideas?
Wayne

You are trying to get into the service area for dealers only and not the area where you reflag the MMSI. You need to be logging into the ships static edit area, then the password will work.

I've been able to get into my own vessel data by logging in on my MFD. However, I cannot figure out how to change my MMSI or Call Sign. I use the cursor key, and the little keypad pops up on the bottom -- but how do I delete the existing numbers on the screen and put my new ones in? Please help!!!

Thank you,

Bernie

I just did this:
Put the cursor on the right side of the existing name.
Hold the left click mouse and at the same time slide the cursor over to select.

Hello All,

Brand new to this site. I just bought a (new to me) Oyster sailboat with a Furuno Navnet TZtouch system. I'm tech savvy, but new to the Furuno system. I just received my new MMSI number and need to change my sailboat'a name and MMSI number. (The seller insisted on keeping the old boat name)

I am also new to this forum. I've begun reading through the various forum threads to get familiar with the layout of the site, but am still learning how the information is organized.

I assume that I log into the FA-50 from my MFD and change the MMSI number on the AIS box. The posts in this thread are not clear to me. Also, a post from Johnny Electron refers to the FA50 product page. Is that another page somewhere in the forum or is it a page on the FurunoUSA corp website?

Thanks in advance. In the future, I will do my best to research previous posts before asking more questions.

Bill C.

Back