Vessel Name Wrong on Marine Traffic-FA 150

Dont' Blink

Realize this is somewhat outside Furuno exact control but wondering if anyone ever experienced same issue. Purchased boat in February with a FA-150 AIS unit which displayed former owner name. Found the access code on youtube to change the vessel name in the FA-150 unit and now all vessels in vicinity pick us up with the correct/updated name. Problem is when I or others search it on Marine traffic it still shows the old vessel name. This has been a good 8 months so marine traffic would update so its not simply timing. Also registered MMSI with FCC since I thought that might be where Marine traffic gets vessel info and that the government might be behind but that is not the issue.

IS there some other update needed? Not the biggest issue but it is annoying.

Dont' Blink":28ewqxuo said:
Realize this is somewhat outside Furuno exact control but wondering if anyone ever experienced same issue. Purchased boat in February with a FA-150 AIS unit which displayed former owner name. Found the access code on youtube to change the vessel name in the FA-150 unit and now all vessels in vicinity pick us up with the correct/updated name. Problem is when I or others search it on Marine traffic it still shows the old vessel name. This has been a good 8 months so marine traffic would update so its not simply timing. Also registered MMSI with FCC since I thought that might be where Marine traffic gets vessel info and that the government might be behind but that is not the issue.

IS there some other update needed? Not the biggest issue but it is annoying.

Have you tried looking up your MMSI in the FCC ULS system to see what information comes up? This is the link https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSea ... chShip.jsp

If you have a ship station license and call sign, you would be able to edit the data under your FRN. But I have to confess I don't know why Marine Traffic would show anything other than the data transmitted by your AIS transponder unless there is a disparity between the MMSI data files and the AIS transmission.

Back