boat icon position in 3D route navigation mode

colemj

Furuno Fan
When navigating a route in 2D mode, I can use the scroll pad to move the boat's position on the screen to the bottom of the screen, thereby maximizing the amount of the chart I see ahead of the boat. In the 2D mode, the boat always stays in the position I put it and the chart scrolls past the boat as the route progresses.

This is not the case in the 3D mode. In this mode, the boat will travel "up" the route to approximately the center of the screen, at which point it stops moving and the chart begins scrolling past it.

Is this the normal operation for 3D mode and, if so, is there a way I can get it to behave like it does during 2D mode? In other words, in 3D mode, I would like to move the boat's position on the screen and have it stay there while the chart scrolls past it.

Thanks,
Mark

Hello colemj,

I see your question has been sitting for some time now. I am very sorry for that.

To accurately answer your question, we are going to test the scenario in a live situation, on the water.

I hope to have an answer for you in the next couple days.

Hurricane

Hello colemj,

Try this;
MENU, ROUTE, and then uncheck "Route AutoZoom". See if this makes the difference you are looking for.

Best regards,

Hurricane

Mark,

Sorry for the delay in response to your question. I will look into this in the next few days. I will test this for you as soon as I can get back out on the water. I just installed the newest version of software on my MFD8 (V2.11), so I will see if I can duplicate this situation and come up with an official answer for you.

Can anyone confirm that this is expected behavior or not? It keeps me out of 3D mode.

Not to mention the original request was over a year ago...

Mark

Mark
I just tried this yesterday running a few hours in 3D mode using raster and vector charts. The boat icon stayed at the bottom of the chart, as desired. Auto zoom was off and Head Up on, latest SW.

Paul L

Mark,

I think Paul is on to something. I tried your request in every way imaginable and my unit worked the same in 3D as it works in 2D. This is likely something that was fixed in a software update. I have the most current 2.11 in my MFD8. Can you tell me what version of software you are currently running in your 3D unit? This is easily seen during boot up on the progress bar at the bottom of the screen.

Stickman

svjeorgia":3svufh88 said:
Mark
I just tried this yesterday running a few hours in 3D mode using raster and vector charts. The boat icon stayed at the bottom of the chart, as desired. Auto zoom was off and Head Up on, latest SW.

Paul L

And thank you Paul for taking the time to try this on your boat too. :D

Stickman

Thanks for the replies.

The software used when I reported the issue was v2.07. Auto zoom was off and head up was on.

I have installed v2.11, but will not be able to test it again for a few more months as the boat is laid up right now.

Perhaps the new software is different for this function.

Mark

Back