BBFF1 settings

123jayyyy

I have a BBFF1 sounder and a NavNet 1 display running a pocket mounted Airmar B260 transducer and I get a lot of clutter using 50 khz only. When I use 200 khz frequency the screen image is free of any artifacts and works great finding fish and structure in auto and manual mode. 50 khz on the other hand fills the entire screen with heavy brown and red marks.

I've tried taking it out of auto mode and lowering the gain as low as it goes and I still have the same issue. The 200 khz works so good I've got by without 50 khz but I want to try some deep dropping this summer for swordfish and would like to use the lower frequency. Any recommendations on which settings to use in manual mode to improve my 50 khz performance.

I moved your topic to fish finders and sonar so the experts will see it. I am sure Snips will ask you for photos, so if you have any; please post them. I expect turbulence because low freq is more susceptible to aeration than high freq. The photos will go along way in trying to help. Snips can tell me what I had for dinner by looking at my sounder photos. :D

Back