Another Navionics:C-map conversion?

A

Anonymous

I have read through this forum and I believe I understand the conversion to c-map and the benefits. Converting to c-map will allow me to use much newer/up to date cartography while navionics does not offer charts that are current in NN1 format. (?)

I have dual RD-139 NN1 displays. I presently run a Nav chip in one display and keep the other display "blank". I setup the 2nd display to read off the network.

Therefore, I should be able to convert one display to c-map and leave my 2nd display as is?

What is the address for the Furuno Service Center? I would rather ship it to the pros.

I am in FL.

Thanks!

Therefore, I should be able to convert one display to c-map and leave my 2nd display as is

Correct on all counts.

Send the unit to the Furuno Repair Facility with the courtesy conversion request. No RMA number is required. Please make sure to include your contact information. The address is listed below for your convenience.

Furuno USA, Inc
Attn: Service Department
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Turn around time can vary depending on work load and season. Mostly 7-10 business days plus postal time. If you need to contact our service center they can be reached at 360-834-9300. (ask for the service center)

Thank you. One additional question: Once the rdp139 is converted to cmap, will I be able to use my Cmap NT+ PC Planner w/ c-card reader to manage waypoints?

Back